With the endorsement of our Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Brent Roussin, The Manitoba Dental Association announced that effective Monday June 1, 2020, dental offices may resume regular dental treatment (including dental hygiene services).
We have updated many protocols in our workplace and have trained our team accordingly. We have also expanded our hours to include evenings and some Saturdays. We are calling our patients that have been waiting for their appointments. This is an ongoing process that will take some time, so we thank you for your continued patience.
For some procedures, we will be implementing new protocols including the use of some additional personal protective equipment. Patient appointments have also been staggered to minimize time spent in the waiting room.
The following will be some additional changes that you can expect during your next dental appointment:
- Prior to booking an appointment with our office, you will be screened using the Shared Health Manitoba online screening tool. Depending on the answers to the questionnaire we may ask that you postpone your appointment by up to 14 days.
- We ask that you attend your appointment on your own as much as possible. Minors and those requiring additional assistance may be accompanied by a guardian.
- Please arrive to your appointment on time or 5 minutes early. We are booking our patients in a manner to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- Please wear a mask if you have one, otherwise upon arrival at your appointment you will be provided with a mask and hand sanitizer. We will also check and record your temperature using a touchless thermometer.
- If you are ill, or experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 leading up to your appointment, please seek proper medical attention and inform us as soon as possible.
Additionally, we are increasing the frequency of disinfection of high exposure areas. At this time, we regret to inform you that for the time being we are unable to provide beverages and magazines in the waiting room.
Again, we thank you for your patience. If you had an appointment which was cancelled March 18 or later, please feel free to give us a call. Alternatively, we will be reaching out to you over the next few weeks to reschedule. If you have any more urgent needs, please to not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to resuming services and seeing all of our patients again!
Tuxedo Dental Group